Both inpatient and outpatient programs are available. Please use the tabs above to view specific information for each program.
INPATIENT LOCATION: Princeton
Based at our main campus in Princeton, our inpatient psychiatric program is impactful, evidence-based, and tailored to the individual needs of each patient. A separate wing is available for patients with psychiatric issues with no co-occurring addiction.
Patients typically spend five to 14 days in an inpatient unit. Once admitted, each patient is evaluated by a board certified psychiatrist within 24 hours.
Inpatients can also receive care for any co-existing medical issues from a team of family practitioners and internists at Princeton HealthCare System. A patient can be transferred seamlessly to the University Medical Center of Princeton if acute medical care is needed.
OUTPATIENT LOCATIONS: Princeton/Adults, Hamilton, North Brunswick, Moorestown
As adults, many of us encounter setbacks or stress-inducing scenarios in life at one point or another. When situations like the loss of a job, a change in career, returning to school, divorce, or other relationship issues impact the ability to function productively, the Adult Psychiatric Outpatient Program can help. In addition to helping adults with mental health issues at four outpatient sites, our Princeton/Adults site offers an Adult Gateway program for those dealing with more chronic mental illness or frequent hospitalizations.
Through the outpatient program, we help our patients to:
- Improve coping and problem-solving skills, including emotion management
- Enhance functioning at home, work, and school
- Maintain physical well-being
- Restore lifestyle balance and stability
Depending on needs, treatment options include:
- Partial hospital program: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. five days per week
- Intensive outpatient program: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. three days per week
- Evening intensive outpatient program: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Princeton/Adults site
Lunch is provided for full-day programs, and free transportation may be available within defined areas.