Aug 20, 2019 | 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Aug 21, 2019 | 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
731 Alexander Road
The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course uses a scenario-based,
team approach to teach pediatric emergency respiratory management or
The PALS course is for healthcare providers who initiate and direct
advanced life support in pediatric emergencies, and for first-time or
renewal training to obtain a PALS course completion card. This course
includes a written exam and skills test. Participants will receive a
course completion card.
- Knowledge of cardiac rhythms, PALS treatment algorithms, and PALS core pharmacology.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion card.
- Complete precourse assessment test at www.heart.org/eccstudent (passcode: pals15), 84% or better is required.
- Recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest
- The systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- Effective respiratory management
- Validate skills for one- and two-person CPR and AED skills for infant and child
- Defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion
- Intraosseous access and fluid bolus administration
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
All Princeton Health employees must sign up using a CPR registration form. Click here to download the form.
PAYMENT & BOOK INFORMATION
A book is required by AHA for advance preparation. If you are
registering less than two weeks prior to the class start date, you will
need to pick up your book in person.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS are accepted when registering online, click register below. A book will be mailed to you.
CHECK PAYMENTS are accepted by calling 1.888.897.8979 to register. A book will be mailed to you.
CASH PAYMENTS must be made in person: Mon. – Fri. (8:30 a.m. –
4:30 p.m.) at Community Wellness, 731 Alexander Road,
Suite 103 Princeton, NJ 08540. At this time, you will receive a book.
Due to course curriculum, participants who arrive more than 15 minutes
late to class will not be permitted to attend and must reschedule.
A $35 book fee will be deducted from any refunds for cancellations made after the book has been mailed out.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and
proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional
materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational
course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart
Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of
fees needed for AHA course material, do not represent income to the
Please provide the names of all attendees.