The Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) course emphasizes the importance of basic life support (BLS), integration of effective BLS with ACLS interventions, and effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation. The course is for professionals who respond to cardiovascular
emergencies and require an initial or renewal ACLS Provider Course
Completion Card. This course includes a written exam and skills test.
Participants will receive a course completion card.
- Knowledge of cardiac rhythms, ACLS treatment algorithms, and ACLS core pharmacology
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider course completion card.
- Current ACLS Provider course completion card.
- Complete precourse assessment test at www.heart.org/eccstudent (passcode: acls15), 84% or better is required.
- Basic life support care
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions
- Management of cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation, termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care
- Recognition of life-threatening clinical situations such as stroke
- Identification and treatment of ischemic chest pain
- Identification and treatment of acute coronary syndromes
- Resuscitation team concept communication
All Princeton HealthCare System employees must sign up using a CPR registration form. Click here to download the form.
PAYMENT & BOOK INFORMATION
A book is required by AHA for advance preparation. If you are
registering less than two weeks prior to the class start date, you will
need to pick up your book in person.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS are accepted when registering online, click register below. A book will be mailed to you.
CHECK PAYMENTS are accepted by calling 1.888.897.8979 to register. A book will be mailed to you.
CASH PAYMENTS must be made in person: Mon. – Fri. (8:30 a.m. –
4:30 p.m.) at Community Education & Outreach 731 Alexander Road,
Suite 103 Princeton, NJ 08540. At this time, you will receive a book.
Due to course curriculum, participants who arrive more than 15 minutes
late to class will not be permitted to attend and must reschedule.
A $30 book fee will be deducted from any refunds for cancellations made after the book has been mailed out.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and
proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional
materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational
course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart
Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of
fees needed for AHA course material, do not represent income to the
Please provide the names of all attendees.