Educational ObjectivesAt the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss symptoms of concussion, Parkinson’s disease, and Guillain-Barre syndrome.
2. Review current concepts and research in the management of concussion, Parkinson’s disease, and Guillain-Barre syndrome.
3. Review clinical outcomes in order to better assess patient outcomes.
4. Develop and implement an effective plan of care that is evidence based, provides timely recovery as well as patient satisfaction..
Continuing Education Credits
This course has been submitted to the NJ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Approval for 3 CEU is pending.
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
This is a 3 credit course designed for therapists to understand the current concepts for common neurological conditions.
5:30 Concussion: Acute Rehabilitation or Rest?
6:30 Parkinson's Disease
7:30 Guillain-Barre Syndrome
Certificates will be awarded to participants upon conclusion of the course.
About the Speakers
Dr. Leithead, DNP, FNP, APN-C completed her Doctorate of Nursing Practice in Family Medicine at Rutgers University. Her graduate research was on caring for patients with multiple sclerosis. She is with Lawrenceville Neurology Center.
Dr. Rao, MD, MRCP (UK), DM is a board-certified, fellowship-trained neurologist. He is a graduate of the University of Bombay and the Royal Colleges of Physicians and completed his residency in Neurology at St. Louis University. He did a fellowship in neuromuscular diseases at Wayne State University. He serves as the Chief of Neurology at Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center. He is with Lawrenceville Neurology Center.
Dr. Modi, MD is a board certified, fellowship-trained neurologist. She received her medical degree from The Ohio State University and completed her residency at Montefiore Medical Center. She completed an EMG-track fellowship in neurophysiology at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. She is with Lawrenceville Neurology Center.
Register by March 26. Space is limited.
Cancellations and requests for refunds will be accepted until March 28, 2019.
(No refunds will be granted after March 28, 2019)
Fee includes a light dinner.
Please register below.